Baja Ferries

Once you have driven down on Baja California and you are now ready to explore Mexico's mainland, the best way to do it is by taking the ferry to cross the Gulf of California.

But before we go over ferry information, there is an essential requirement for this trip. You need to have a Tourist card (FMM Forma Multiple Migratoria), we recommend that you start the process online before leaving the United States, and stop at the INM office at the border to get it stamped. Without a tourist card for you and all those traveling with you, you will not be able to take the ferry to cross to Mexico mainland. 

In addition, you will need a Temporary Vehicle Importation Permit to drive in mainland Mexico. This permit can be processed online even a month in advance before leaving home.

Ferry information can change anytime and without notice. We try to keep the information up-to-date, but when it comes to rates and schedules we recommend that you contact Baja Ferries a couple of days in advance for the updated schedule. Their Facebook page is also a great source for last minute changes that might not be reflected on their website. Changes may happen related to weather and conditions, safety first. 

There are two ships that depart from Pichilingue port (La Paz, BC), the Baja Star traveling the route La Paz-Mazatlan-La Paz, and the California Star traveling the route La Paz - Topolobampo - La Paz.

Baja Ferries published rates are one way but they include taxes and food on the cruise. Pullman numbered seat is assigned (subject to availability). When you buy a ticket for your vehicle, it also includes the driver. Services on board include a restaurant, bar and souvenir shop.


Baja  Ferries accepts cats and dogs as domestic pets, they must travel in their own cage. They have to be registered as well and they will need their vaccines record from your vet with dates and signature. Passengers must have the documents requested by the authorities in port. On board there is a designated area for all pets, only service dogs are allowed in the salons and cabins, and you must let them know and have the appropriate documentation when registering your pet. Check Pet Transport Policies for more information. 


CALL CENTER     01-800-3377437,

From the US 0 11 52 (612)123 6397


Our Customer Feedback

Our latest blogs

  • HDI
  • ACE
  • IMG
  • National Unity
© Copyright. All rights reserved. Powered by Insurance Website Builder