In these uncertain times, and as we adapt to a new norm with some restrictions, one thing is for sure: We want to connect with the world and we want to travel. The long awaited date is here. Puerto Peñasco welcomes tourists with a new norm to protect tourism and the residents of the city that we all so much love. Together, we will be safe.
Rocky Point Entry Protocol for Tourists
The city has been preparing to receive guests in a safer and cleaner way to protect the health of tourist and residents during their stay and has implemented a certification for local businesses, in particular, hotels and vacation rental properties that have voluntarily pledged to ensure complying with health and safety protocols issued by the Federal Health Department.
In addition to these protocols, the city has implemented the following Entry Protocols for Tourists:
1) Reservations must be made with a "certified" property prior to travel. Make sure to check the list of properties on the official Puerto Peñasco City page: https://puertopenasco.gob.mx/ or on the Puerto Peñasco Convention and Visitors Bureau page: www.cometorockypoint.com
2) On the day of your arrival, you will be stopped at a check point at the city entrance.
3) At this check point, have your reservation confirmation. Staff from the Convention and Visitors Bureau (OCV) will confirm that your reservation is on the list of all reservations for that day.
4) The reservation will include the names of all visitors. ID's will need to be presented and must coincide with the reservation. Let your hotel know if you will be traveling with minors who do not have an ID, and ask them to include their names and ages on your reservation.
5) If your reservation is not on the list at the checkpoint or names/ID's do not match, access to the city will be denied. Upon verifying that all information is in order, guests will continue to the next step.
6) Personnel from the Navy and National Guard will document vehicle information and, with a thermal camera, take temperatures of all passengers in the vehicle. Everyone must have a body temperature less than 37.5ºC (99.5 F).
7) If any of the passengers have a higher temperature, a second test will be done with a digital thermometer. They must have a temperature of less than 37.5ºC (99.5 F) to enter the city.
8) In the event their temperature is higher, the individual will be welcome to do a rapid test for Covid-19, with results in 15 minutes. If the passenger does not accept, entry into the city will be denied to all passengers. If undergoing the test, entry will be allowed depending on the test result.
Rocky Point City Regulations
During your stay in Rocky Point, it is required for everyone to follow city regulations:
· Use of face-mask is mandatory in public spaces.
· Restaurant/bars are operating at 40% capacity and all are following Covid-19 safety and health protocols
· Mandatory 10 p.m. city curfew
· Bars and nightclubs are closed
· Sports fishing, boat cruises, and the use of ATVs (razers, rhinos) are allowed. The use of jet skis, kayaks, sailboats, etc. is prohibited.
· Tourists are not restricted to the number of people in a vehicle when driving in the city. Face masks are required even when in a vehicle.
· Use of federal beach concession areas in front of each property offering lodging is allowed; however, this does not extend to swimming in the ocean, which is still prohibited.
· Visitors may use pools within their hotel/lodging center.
· Maintain social distancing of at least 1.5 meters (5 feet) at all times.
· Most commercial/retail establishments only allow one person from a group to enter.
· The malecon is closed (except for health certified restaurants/bars).
· It is recommended, though not mandatory, to refrain from traveling with minors under 12 or adults over 65.
For more information, contact Puerto Peñasco Convention and Visitors Bureau office from 9 am to 7 pm.
Phone (638) 380 0444
WHATSAPP: (638) 116 1546; (638) 105 3384
Together, we will stay safe.