Canada Mexico Travel

As you begin planning your road trip to Mexico, every Canadian is encouraged to visit the, an important step before traveling to other countries. One of the services provided by the Foreign Affairs and International Trade of Canada is the option to register your international trip. In the unlikely event that something should happen, the Canadian embassy has your information and they may assist you in an emergency.

Register your trip to Mexico:

Since you will have to drive through the U.S. to get to Mexico, make sure that you have the necessary documentation to enter the U.S. according to the WHTI, Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative.

For more information on how to obtain a Canadian passport:

Traveling with Children
As of March 1st, 2010 all Canadian citizens require a passport to visit Mexico regardless of their age. Canadian citizens 18 years of age or under who are traveling with a school or other organized group, under adult supervision also require proof of parental/guardian consent.

Entering Mexico
As of March 1st, 2010 all Canadian citizens require a passport to visit Mexico. It is recommended that parents who share custody of their children carry copies of the legal custody documents and have a letter of authorization from the other parent to take the child(ren) on a trip to Mexico, as it might be required by the authorities at the border.

You will need a valid driver's license, foreign driver's licenses are accepted by Mexican authorities, as long as it hasn't expired, and it applies to all drivers of the vehicle.

For more details on Mexico entry requirements, please visit our Mexico Entry and Customs page.

We also have information on how to obtain a Vehicle Importation Permit for Mexico.

Don't forget to purchase your Mexican insurance coverage prior to entering Mexico. It's easy to obtain a quote and purchase your policy online.

Winter and Retire in Mexico
A great seminar is available at various locations across Canada for those wanting to spend the winter or even retire in Mexico. The seminars are given by Canada 2 Mexico. For more information, please visit their website:

Mexican Consulates
Should you need the assistance of the Mexican Consulate, they have several located throughout Canada. Find the one nearest you.

Our Customer Feedback

Our latest blogs

  • HDI
  • ACE
  • IMG
  • National Unity
© Copyright. All rights reserved. Powered by Insurance Website Builder