Tucson, AZ Drivers: Insure Your Vehicle When Crossing the U.S./Mexico Border
Tucson is Arizona’s second-largest city, and the largest in Southern Arizona. The Optics Valley is also part of a mega-region known as the Sun Corridor, which is Arizona’s commercial heartland. Sitting only about 60 miles from the U.S.-Mexico border, Tucson boasts a commitment to diversity and multiculturalism through its numerous ties south of the border.
Tucson drivers who want auto insurance for international travel can look to Sanborn’s Mexico Auto Insurance. You’ll be able to get targeted, affordable policies for your visit south.
Trusted Coverage for Tucson Drivers
The Sun Corridor’s proximity to Mexico fosters a lot of cross-border trade and traffic. Still, if you plan to drive into Mexico, you must have the right documentation. This includes having Mexican car insurance.
Mexico’s insurance laws don’t recognize American car insurance policies, even if you are a U.S. citizen driving an American car. However, because the law also requires all drivers (foreigners included) to get covered, you must have a Mexican policy, no matter how long you plan to stay in the country.
Sanborn’s dedicated agents deeply understand the Mexican auto insurance market. Our priority is to make sure you get affordable coverage that will protect you during travel of any length or purpose. With decades of experience behind us, Tucson drivers trust us with their international car insurance needs.
What do auto policies cover?
Mexican car insurance can include various types of protection, like:
- Liability insurance: Coverage insures you against damage you cause others if you are at-fault in a wreck or other collision.
- Physical damage coverage: Your policy will cover damage to your own vehicle after a wreck. It might also pay for damage from non-accident mishaps, like weather damage or theft scenarios.
- Medical coverage: If you get hurt in an accident, coverage pays for your medical bills and those of your passengers.
- Legal assistance coverage: If the police detain you following an accident, this coverage can help you obtain bond or a lawyer.
- Travel expenses: After a problem abroad, you probably will want to return home. This coverage helps pay for such costs, such as plane tickets or rental cars.
- U.S. repair options: You want to receive vehicle repairs from a mechanic you can trust. This coverage allows you to have your vehicle repaired back in the states.
All of Sanborn’s policy choices come backed by a reputable Mexican auto insurer. So, if you ever need to file a claim, or if you need quick policy services, you’ll have help available at a moment’s notice.
Contact us today
Don’t worry about trying to insure your car when you get to the border. Instead, call one of Sanborn’s Tucson offices right now. We’ll make sure you get personalized Mexico car insurance well in advance of your trip. It is just our way of making it easy for you to get ready to go, so you can enjoy the open road.
Tucson Residents: Contact
or request an online quote now!
Check us out on Facebook and Twitter!
Visit One of Our Four Locations
Sanborn's Tucson West/Central
103 W. Grant Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85705
(520) 882 5000
Did you have a good experience at our Sanborn's Tucson West/Central location? If so, tell us what you think!
Sanborn's Tucson South
702 W Irvington Rd #170
Tucson, AZ 85714
(520) 807 3400
(formerly on Ajo Way)
Did you have a good experience at our Sanborn's Tucson South location? If so, tell us what you think!
Sanborn's Tucson East/Central
formerly on 511 N. Craycroft Rd
Tucson, AZ 85711
(520) 321 4900
Did you have a good experience at our Tucson location? If so, tell us what you think!
Mon - Fri 9:00 am - 5:00 p.m. AZ time