San Antonio Drivers: Insure Your Vehicle When Crossing the U.S./Mexico Border
San Antonio is the second-largest city in Texas and sits conveniently near three border crossings: Eagle Pass is 144 miles, Del Rio 153 miles, and Laredo 156 miles. It is part of an international area that is home to over one and a half million people. Its economy relies heavily on international trade.
If you plan to drive a vehicle into Mexico, you must have Mexican auto insurance. It is the law, and Sanborn’s Mexico Auto Insurance will help you determine the right coverage for your unique needs.
Trusted Coverage for San Antonio Drivers
One fact about San Antonio is that it is one of the safest cities in the U.S. for drivers. Therefore, most locals pay affordable rates for their own car insurance. Nevertheless, if you drive into Mexico, your American coverage won’t matter. Most U.S. policies void once you drive into international territory.
Mexico has separate insurance laws than those of the United States. They require all drivers, including tourists, to insure their vehicles while driving in the country. The agents at Sanborn’s Insurance understand how important it is for you to carry the appropriate coverage. Whether you need coverage for a day trip or a long-term vacation, we’ll help you get covered.
What do auto policies cover?
Within your Mexican auto insurance coverage, you’ll often need:
- Liability insurance: Coverage insures you against damage you cause others if you are at-fault in a wreck. Coverage might pay for their injuries and vehicle damage.
- Physical damage coverage: Your policy will cover damage to your own vehicle after a wreck. It might also pay for damage from non-accident mishaps, like weather damage or theft scenarios.
- Medical coverage: If you get hurt in an accident, coverage pays for your medical bills and those of your passengers.
- Legal assistance coverage: If the police detain you following an accident, this coverage can help you obtain a bond or a lawyer.
- Travel expenses: After a problem abroad, you might want to return home. This coverage helps pay for costs like plane tickets or rental cars to help you get back to the U.S.
- U.S. repair options: You want to receive vehicle repairs from a mechanic you can trust. This coverage allows you to have your vehicle repaired in the U.S.
You shouldn’t have to work too hard or pay too much money to carry Mexican auto insurance. Let Sanborn’s Insurance be your agency of choice when it comes to buying, maintaining and paying for coverage. We’re here because we know that every American tourist driver needs specialized coverage. We will help you figure out the perfect fit.
Contact us today
San Antonio residents! Don’t hesitate to get a quote on a personalized Mexico auto insurance policy. Contact Sanborn’s Mexico Auto Insurance at (210) 979 9993 or request an online quote now!
Did you have a good experience at this location? If so, tell us what you think!